SharePoint Exams
Did the Customizing SharePoint exam and failed spectacularly, 234 with 700 needed to pass! Why? The exam has about 33% on CMS, 33% on integrating CMS with SPS and 33% on writing Web Parts with Visual Studio. I got about 12 questions out of 50. I can't say anything about specific questions, that'd be cheating, but I'm glad I did it. Even the CMS stuff was all programming.
Second exam more about which programs to use to do what: SPS, WSS, CMS, Indexing server, Bixtalk, InfoPath, Commerce server, and how these whould work together, I got 341 this time, which was better, and the questions were more about configurubg rather than programming, still, the exams lacked a reel-world feel, but I suppose the answers have to be unambiguous, and in the real word what the "best" solution is can be simply your point of view.
Now I know I'll need to study a lot more of the other Portal tools if I want to pass, for SharePoint, my main weakness was web parts. Of the 51 questions, only about 7 or so had nothing to do with SharePoint.
The big warning here is: these are not SharePoint exams, they are MS Portal solutions exams, there will I'm sure be an MCP for SharePoint eventually, but for now, these are all there are
Second exam more about which programs to use to do what: SPS, WSS, CMS, Indexing server, Bixtalk, InfoPath, Commerce server, and how these whould work together, I got 341 this time, which was better, and the questions were more about configurubg rather than programming, still, the exams lacked a reel-world feel, but I suppose the answers have to be unambiguous, and in the real word what the "best" solution is can be simply your point of view.
Now I know I'll need to study a lot more of the other Portal tools if I want to pass, for SharePoint, my main weakness was web parts. Of the 51 questions, only about 7 or so had nothing to do with SharePoint.
The big warning here is: these are not SharePoint exams, they are MS Portal solutions exams, there will I'm sure be an MCP for SharePoint eventually, but for now, these are all there are

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home