adding Custom Properties to search dropdown.
To get your properties to appear in the Advanced search dropdown, do this:
Go to the portal Site Settings, and under "Search Settings and Indexed Content" Click "Manage Properties of Crawled content"
Here's a shortcut: http://your-SPS-server/_layouts/1033/Properties.aspx
Expand the Office Namespace (urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office) and find your properties at the end of the list with ows_ before them. You'll find them further up the list, too, so I suggest doing the following to both instances. I'm not sure why there's two.
Click your property and in the Seach Options section, tick everything. I think you have to re-run the index (shortcut: http://your_SPS-server/_layouts/1033/ListContentSources.aspx)
That help?
Stephen MVP
Go to the portal Site Settings, and under "Search Settings and Indexed Content" Click "Manage Properties of Crawled content"
Here's a shortcut: http://your-SPS-server/_layouts/1033/Properties.aspx
Expand the Office Namespace (urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office) and find your properties at the end of the list with ows_ before them. You'll find them further up the list, too, so I suggest doing the following to both instances. I'm not sure why there's two.
Click your property and in the Seach Options section, tick everything. I think you have to re-run the index (shortcut: http://your_SPS-server/_layouts/1033/ListContentSources.aspx)
That help?
Stephen MVP

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home